Travel and Tourism Jobs in India: Travel and Tourism is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the world from the past few years and it contributes largely to the global economy. Tourism has experienced steady growth and is on the rise almost every passing year. According to the surveys, Travel and Tourism have flourished since the year 2017 and in the coming years, the tourism industry will contribute to the global GDP by nearly 45%. There are a huge number of travelers every year in India and as well as overseas. Some of the countries who experience a massive number of tourists worldwide every year are:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- 1 Travel and Tourism Jobs in India
- 2 Career in Travel and Tourism Management in India
- 3 Essential Skills to Make a Career in the Travel & Tourism Sector
- 4 Top Recruiters in the Tourism Industry in India and Overseas
- 5 Travel and Tourism Management Courses After 12th
- 6 Best Institutes in India For Travel & Tourism Jobs and Careers
Travel and Tourism Jobs in India
There are many areas of job in the tourism sector in private as well as in the government field. People with good financial resources and entrepreneurial skills can even set up their own businesses in the tourism sector. Let us look at a few of the areas of Pvt and govt. jobs in the Travel and Tourism industry in India. As seen from the survey, the travel and tourism sector grew at a rate of 4% last year and contributed roughly around $9 trillion and 319 million jobs to the Global Economy. Through this, we get a clear picture, of how much tours and travels contribute to the World’s economy.
Travel and Tourism Government Jobs in India
- Government Tourism Board/Ministry of Tourism Jobs
- Job in Visa Department
- Cruise Line Companies
- Railway Department
- Customer Relations manager
- Air traffic controller
- Marketing manager
- Govt. Travel Teacher
- Cargo Companies
- Flight analyst
- Human resource
- Guest Relations Officer
- Tourism Researchers
- Food Industry
- Travel Consultant.
- Government-run hospitality services like hotels.
- Government tourist information officer
- Government-run transportation services such as ticketing services etc
- Jobs in different Government Airlines Sector
- Airline/Ground Staff
- Airport Operator
- Airline Operator
- Operations Executive
- International Travel and Tourism Industries.
Private Jobs in Travel and Tourism in India
- Travel Agencies
- Travel Consultants
- Tour Operators
- Pvt. Travel Professor
- Tourist Resorts and Hotels
- Other Hospitality Areas
- Jobs in Private airlines
- Different Jobs in Hotels/ resorts/ stay homes/ guest house/ lodges etc
- Jobs in Private Cruise Lines
- Jobs in Tourism Marketing Management
- Tourism Information Officer and many more.
Work from Home Travel and Tourism Jobs in India
- Create a Travel Blog
- Do Youtube Videos
- Be an Online Travel Teacher
- Work as a Freelance Recruiter
Career in Travel and Tourism Management in India
There are diverse career opportunities in Travel and Tourism Industry in India after having a degree in Travel and Tourism management. A person may either opt for some government job or many go for a private sector. If someone has entrepreneurial skills and enough financial resources, he can start his own firm like any tourism consultancy firm, any tourism service, travel agency. The most common job profiles and career opportunities in Travel and Tourism Jobs in India For Freshers, as well as experienced,, are:
Most Common Job Prospects in this area include
- Hotel Managers– Their main job is to take care/manage various departments of the hotel such as housekeeping, lodging, catering, staff training, sales management, marketing management, accounting, revenue management, etc.
- Lobby Managers– Lobby managers are involved in monitoring staff and operating their duty shifts, managing the entire operations of the lobby, assisting the guests and run hotels smoothly.
- Travel Bloggers – Travel bloggers can blog about various exotic destinations and promote it. Many people who love travelling, they are often convinced by their blogs and are determined to visit those places. This is one of the ways to promote tourism and promote exotic destinations.
- Sales Manager – The job of a sales manager in the tourism department is to entirely look after the sales in various departments inside the organization.
- Accountant – As the name suggests the job of an accountant is to manage the finances and the accounts of the organization.
- Tour Operator – Their main job is to combine the various components of tour and travel and create a holiday package. They take care of the operations part of a tour.
- Tour Manager – They make sure the tour is well organized, the tour is properly planned the finances are well managed and makes sure the tour runs smooth and hassle-free.
- HR Manager – the job of the HR manager is to look after the human resource of the parting travel agency such as staff recruitment, their salaries, their promotion, etc.
- Tour Operations Manager – Your operations manager will look after the entire office, the logistics operations and manage the tours efficiently without problems.
- Visa Executive – They are the leading officers and decision-makers who are involved in the various works in the immigration department. They are involved in immigration and customer services.
- Travel Agent Staff – The most popular Travel and Tourism Jobs in India is a Travel Agent job. Their job is to make arrangements and prepare itineraries for a person who is travelling to a particular location. A travel agency staff job is quite a demanding one nowadays. The responsibilities involve planning, designing, selling, marketing and promoting different tours to the customers. They also provide travel insurance, tour packages, guide books to the customers.
- Tourism Marketer – A tourism marketer is the one who works for a particular company or a tour company. They are basically in charge of the marketing industry which involves, advertising, promoting, negotiating and influencing people to choose their company.
- Travel Executive– The job of the travel executive is to manage the various aspects of travel including transportation, accommodation, food and other things.
- Reservations Executive– the main job of a reservation’s executive is to ensure smooth and hassle-free reservations for the tourists and help them choose better deals.
- Front Office Manager– A front office manager’s job is to coordinate all the front desk tasks and activities including guest lodging, taking calls,
- Airline Staff – Now, the airline has many job profiles including, ground and in-flight staff, sales and marketing executive, airport manager, cargo manager, customer executive manager, front office operator, crew manager, airport security manager and numerous other jobs are available in this field.
- Front Office Executive – A front office executive’s role is to make sure they attend important calls, solve customer’s problems, coordinate with the staff, provide assistance to the tourist staying in their hotel and manage everything smoothly. Basically, they are the first point of contact for the visiting guests in the hotels or any other hospitality services.
- Transport Officer – The job of a transport officer is to cater to the needs and requirements of any transport organization and run a smooth and feasible transport plan for the organization. His job is to manage the staff working under him and make the organization run efficiently.
- Travel and Tourism Consultant – their basic job is to understand the different needs of the customer and suggesting them suitable travel packages. They mainly serve as consultants for the customer.
- Ticketing Staff – Their basic job is the reservation of the tickets for customers.
- Tour Guide– they inform customers about the itinerary about each tour. They plan the tour in accordance with the length and time of the tour, show them places and provides assistance throughout the entire tour.
- Event Manager – Their job is to organize, manage, mobilize and coordinate different event a makes sure it become successful.
New-Age Ideas for Tourism and Travel Careers
- Retailer (Franchise)
- Freelance Writer
- Start an Online Travel Blog
Essential Skills to Make a Career in the Travel & Tourism Sector
- Good communication skills
- Good teamwork
- Ability to research
- Strong customer focus
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of India & world geography
- Working long hours
- Airfares & ticketing skills
- Language Skills
- Sales Skills
- Experience in handling money & foreign currencies
- Customer Service
- Travel Agency Operations and Management
- Travel & tourism geography knowledge.
- Skills required could include the knowledge of computer reservation software like CRS-Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre & Abacus, etc.
- Up-to-date news on current rules and regulations and documentation required, Ticketing & passports, visas, etc
Top Recruiters in the Tourism Industry in India and Overseas
As the Tourism sector is growing day-to-day at a good pace, many Top Class Tourism companies have been hiring BBA, MBA professionals for their India Based and around the globe projects. These are some of the top recruiters after getting a BBA, MBA degree in Travel and tourism.
- Cox and kings
- Make my trip
- Cruise professional
- Radisson Blu
- Thomas Cook
- Expedia group
- American Express Global Business Travel
- BCD travel
- Clear trip
- Viva voyages
- Indian Hotels Company Limited
- Sahara Global
- Travel corporations of India
- Spice Jet
- Hogg Robinson group
- Booking holdings
- Mahindra holidays
- Marriot International Inc
- JetBlue Airways Corp.
Salary Offered after doing Travels and Tourism Management
The average salary offered to a Travel and Tourism professional in this field starts somewhere from Rs. 200,000 per annum. There are numerous factors in which the pay scale of an individual such as the job location, economy of the country, work experience, knowledge level, caliber, type of organization and other factors. The pay scale might rise in accordance with the experience level. For a fresher, the starting can be around Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month and might increase with experience.
Travel and Tourism Management Courses After 12th
Diploma Courses After Class 12th (10+2)
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing
- Diploma in Airfare and Ticketing
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Aviation, Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Tourist Guide
Bachelor’s Degree Courses After Class 12th (10+2)
- BA in Travel and Tourism Management
- BA in Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Management
- Science in Travel and Tourism Management
- BA in Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Tourism Administration
- Com. Travel and Tourism Management
- BA Travel and Tourism
- Sc. in Hospitality and Travel Management
- BBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- BBA in Hospitality and Travel Management
- BBA in Air Travel Management
Postgraduate Courses in the Travel & Tourism – After Graduation
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA in Travel & Tourism
- Master of Tourism Administration (MTA)
- MA/MSc Hospitality Management with Specialization in Travel, Leisure & Tourism
- PG Diploma in Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Management
Best Institutes in India For Travel & Tourism Jobs and Careers
- Indian Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (IITTM)
- Centre for Tourism Studies, Pondicherry University
- Kuoni Academy
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management
- Thomas Cook-Centre of Learning
- Garden City College
- Al-Ameen Institute of Management Studies, Hosur, Bangalore.
- Bundelkhand University, School of Tourism & Hotel Management, Jhansi
- Amity Institute of Travel & Tourism
- Blue Whale Academy
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Hotel and Tourism Management Studies
- School of Hotel Management and Tourism
- National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Academy of Business Management, Tourism, & Research