UPSC CMS 2021 Syllabus Pdf: Union public service commission has released the syllabus for the CMS 2021 recruitment examination. Candidates who are going to appear in the UPSC CMS 2021 Exam must check the UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 in English from the official website – www.upsc.gov.in, or details are given below also. Here we have provided the PDF in Hindi/English for CMS Syllabus 2021. As per the recent notification, Union public service commission (UPSC) will be conducting the CMSE Exam 2021 in November/December 2021 (Tentatively). Therefore, candidates are advised to download the PDF and start preparing topic-wise.
UPSC CMS 2021 Syllabus
The selection process of UPSC CMS will be done in the three stages: Written Examination and Personality Test. Written Examination also has two papers. UPSC Combined Medical Service Written Examination will be of 500 marks i.e. 250 marks for each Paper. The duration of each paper will be of 02 Hours. All the questions in the question paper will be as per the MBBS Standard. Qualified Candidates will be called for a Personality Test that will be of 100 marks conducted by UPSC. After all this process, UPSC will prepare the merit list for CMSE and it will publish on the official website. Moreover, The PDF of the CMS 2021 syllabus is available on the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in as well as at Sarkari Result & Freejobalert. And the direct link to the complete UPSC CMS Syllabus pdf Download is given on this page below.
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name of Post||Combined Medical Service (CMS-2021)|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Personality Test|
|Job Location||All over India|
|Exam Date||November/December 2021|
|Syllabus PDF||Available Below|
UPSC CMS 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern (New)
- Both papers will consist of MCQ-based questions.
- Negative Marking is there.
- A cut-off list will be set for both papers by UPSC.
- Both Papers will be of MBBS Standard.
Paper I: Maximum Marks: 250 & Duration: 02 hours.
General Medicine and Paediatrics total number of 120 questions.
(a) General Medicine
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
- Common Poisoning
- Vaccines preventable diseases and Non-vaccines preventable diseases
- Critical Care Medicine
- Vitamin deficiency diseases
- Tropical Medicine
- Patho physiological basis of diseases
- In psychiatry include – Depression, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar diseases, and Schizophrenia
- Musculoskeletal System
(b) Paediatrics includes:
- Basic newborn care
- National programs related to child health
- Birth defects and counseling including autism
- Common childhood emergencies
- Accidents and poisonings in children
- Immunization in children
- Recognizing children with special needs and management
Paper 2: It is divided into three parts: Surgery, Preventive & Social Medicine, Gynaecology & Obstetrics. Each part consists of 40 questions.
Syllabus of Paper -2
- Urological Surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- General Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T
- Pre-operative and post-operative care of surgical patients
- Diagnosis and management of the common surgical ailment
- Wound healing
- Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery
- Shock pathophysiology and management.
- Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery
(B) PREVENTIVE SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
- Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- Demography and Health Statistics
- Health Administration and Planning
- Medical Sociology and Health Education
- Maternal and Child Health
- Genetics and Health
- Non-communicable diseases
- General Epidemiology
- Social and Community Medicine
- Management of common health problems
- Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health problems including malnutrition and emergencies.
- Ability to monitor national health programs
- Occupational Health
- Knowledge of maternal and child wellness
(C) GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
- Post-natal conditions
- Ante-natal conditions
- Management of normal labors or complicated labor
- Intra-natal conditions
- Normal delivery and safe delivery practices
- applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
- applied anatomy
- displacement of the uterus
- Intra-Uterine growth retardation
- High-risk pregnancy and management
- Medicolegal examination in body and Gynae including Rape
(III) FAMILY PLANNING
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- U.D. and oral pills
- Conventional contraceptives
- Operative procedure
- sterilization and organization of programs
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 Personality Test
- Candidates who qualify for written examination will be called for an Interview for Personality Test.
- The interview will be of 100 Marks.
- The interview is conducted to assess the alertness of mind, integrity of character, initiative, and capability for leadership.
On the basis of the Written Examination and Personality Test, CMS Merit List 2021 will be prepared and published on the official website of www.upsc.gov.in
How to Download UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 PDF?
- Visit Union public service commission Official Website – “ www.upsc.gov.in”
- Go to the Examination Section.
- Click on Active Examination.
- Now, Click on Combined Medical Service Examination, 2021.
- Click on the link that says “Notice” in the download notification.
- Check topic-wise exam scheme.
- Download the PDF of the syllabus and keep it for future references.
|Syllabus PDF||Click Here|
|Recruitment Details||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Where to download UPSC CMS Syllabus pdf 2021?
The UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 PDF can be downloaded at www.upsc.gov.in
What are the topics for UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021?
Paper-1 General Medicine and Paediatrics and in Paper-2 Surgery, Preventive & Social Medicine, Gynaecology & Obstetrics.
What is the Selection Process of UPSC CMS Recruitment 2021?
The candidates will have to qualify for Written tests and Personality tests.