International Yoga Day 2021 in India: According to the confirmation provided by the UN General Assembly on their official UN website, – On the 21st of June I.e, Today, we are going to hit the 7th Yoga Day as the resolution was made in 2014 by them on 21st June to be celebrated as the International Yoga Day. As per the legit news online, – PM Narendra Modi tweeted about addressing the nation today at sharp 6:00 a.m on the subject of ‘Yoga Day Programme.’ The program will be available online all across the channels of Doordarshan due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. It is scheduled to start in the morning around 6:30 a.m. Apart from Narendra Modi, – ‘Minister of State’ will also be addressing the nation for the Ayush Kiren Rijiju. It is also in news that on the 21st of June, Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga is expected to showcase the live online yoga demonstration. You need to read the entire article to get more in-depth knowledge of this event.
International Yoga Day 2021 Theme ‘Yoga For Wellness’
As addressed by the prime minister of India – Mr. Narendra Modi, the theme for the IDY 2021 – International Day of Yoga will be ‘Yoga For Wellness.’ The theme points towards taking care of the physical as well as the mental health. Due to the corona pandemic, the theme is thoroughly focussed on taking care of oneself at home along with the family members within the set premises and without clashing or dishonoring the social distancing rules. Yoga is expected to be celebrated all across 190 countries worldwide. The themes in the event will also follow the CYP – Common Yoga Protocol. Here, the yoga drills will be used in a particular sequence for almost 45 minutes for showing peace among people and helping an individual unite his mind, body, and soul. Apart from this, yoga is the natural way to treat your anxieties, depression, stress, and other mental or physical-related illnesses by bringing an immense level of peace to your body.
Yoga Day 2021: Basic Yoga Rules
- It’s best to practice yoga in the early morning between 5 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- Wear yoga thigh-tights and a soft skin fitted top or buy a specific yoga dress combo to do yoga. Make sure whatever you wear while doing yoga is comfortable.
- Taking shower is advised once you are finished with the yoga session.
- Remember, if you are a beginner at yoga you should start from the very basic body movements asanas. Once you get used to these basic asanas, then only jump into the big asanas.
- Don’t push yourself too hard while doing yoga.
- The intake of food must be done after an hour of completing the yoga, not before that.
- Yoga is quintessential to perform on an empty stomach to make it more effective. If you are determined to eat or drink something before doing a pre-workout, then after drinking or eating you have to pause for at least 3 hours to start with yoga.
- Each yoga asanas should have a relaxation period gap of at least 10 seconds. Don’t rush for the next one immediately. Be gentle on your body.
- Be determined to focus on your breath from the start till the end.
- Yoga works best when performed in an open area having the flow of fresh air.
- Yoga Experts recommend using the yoga floor mats or the thick mattress or bed sheets as an alternative on the ground floor to practice yoga. Exercising yoga by laying on hard ground can be dangerous for the body.
Five best work out advised by Malaika Arora
- Vrikshasana – ‘Tree Pose’
- Trikonasana – ‘Triangle Pose’
- Tadasana – ‘Mountain Pose’
- Kursiasana – ‘Chair Pose’
- Adho Mukho Svanasana – ‘Downward Facing Dog Pose’
International yoga day: Tips by Bollywood Celebrities
According to the statement given by the Reebok ambassador and the famous Bollywood actress Diva – Malaika Arora, ‘Yoga doesn’t only do good to our physical body but by bringing our Soul, Body & Mind all together as one!’ She said that every asana performed while doing the Yoga must be held for a minimum of 3 breaths and a maximum of 5 breaths. For the beginners, she recommended working on it two times each week and once you get used to doing it, then you can start it as a routine daily unhurriedly. She said that she is mindful about being centered which is a result of practicing yoga dedicated for years now. Adding to this, she said that – there might be a storm in the outside world but a sense of calmness too within her body! She feels immense pleasure and grateful for having been able to adopt the art of practicing yoga. She feels that yoga has changed her life for the better!